Mittwoch, 20. September 2017

A lifetime experience!

In a few days our grand adventure will start and I am unbelievably excited about that.✈️🇺🇸
First of all I am really looking forward to meeting my host and her family. When I took part in the French exchange in spring, I realized that living in a host family is almost the most important and best thing about an exchange. The opportunity to experience a whole new culture is great and I believe that it's going to be very interesting and also funny to see the differences between Germany and the United States. Furthermore the possibility to share my thoughts and discuss with foreign students of my age is amazing and always something rewarding. Besides I hope that I can build some new friendships.

In general I am really excited to finally experience the “American way of life” by myself : go to an american high school, eat in an american cafeteria, taste american candy, watch a football game… In movies and TV shows we get a pretty clear image of how the everyday life in America looks, but I would like to find out what the reality is like and what just a cliché or stereotype is.

Besides I hope that I will improve my language skills and get more confident and fluently in English. Maybe I'll even get more independent and mature.

Apart from that I am very excited about the trips we are going to make with our group and very glad that we have the opportunity to not only experience so many things, but also visit different places in America. I am pretty sure that our trip to Chicago will be awesome, but I am also very eager to visit the National Park and Mount Rushmore.

In addition I think that it is great to travel with a group because it hopefully allows us to talk about our experiences or problems and share our opinions.

Anyways I am absolutely thrilled to visit the U.S. because I expect it to be an amazing once in a lifetime experience and I am sure that we will make some great memories...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen