Donnerstag, 21. September 2017

Hours to go!

The great day is almost here. One last night in my own bed, one last breakfast at our house and then it's off to the United States. Am I nervous? Of course I am! My sister and I only realised today that this will be the longest time we've been separated since her birth, 14 years ago. The same can be said in regard to my parents. So am I (positively) excited and anxious for this trip? I would lie if I didn't answer with a loud and resounding YES! 
I have never spent so much time abroad without living there and I must say that despite my fears I see  more opportunities than risks. I expect to see the life of the normal American and live it myself for the time of my stay. I hope to meet interesting new people, maybe even form friendships long to surpass the time we spend together. 
My parents often tell me about their trips to the States in the nineties. They always speak of the beautiful wilderness and nature, picturesque scenes in the national parks (we even have a Seqouia in our back yard!) and of the kind and friendly people they met on their travels. In their words it is this diversity and mixture of mindblowing nature and a wonderful people that make the United States of America the grand nation they are today. I wish to witness this for myself and hope that at the end of a wonderful 4 weeks in the land of the free and home of the brave I can say for myself: I can't wait to return!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen